Become a Vet Sustain Champion
Together we can drive sustainability in the veterinary professions.
Our Champions programme is currently closed. Please watch this page for future updates.
In our Vet Sustain online community, we have some extraordinary veterinarians, vet nurses, technicians,receptionists, practice managers, students, teaching staff, researchers, government and industry professionals – amongst many others - that are driving sustainability initiatives in their veterinary work.
From building an environmentally-friendly workplace, driving responsible antibiotic use and implementing animal welfare campaigns, to supporting environmental best practice in farm, equine or companion animal ownership, we think these individuals and their initiatives need to be nurtured, supported and championed to inspire others.
We invite veterinary professionals interested in taking meaningful steps to drive sustainability at work, to join the Vet Sustain Champions Network. In this initiative, we connect Champions in an exclusive virtual network to exchange questions and ideas in a supportive space, and equip them with the tools and resources they need to drive meaningful change in their communities.
A “Vet Sustain Champion” is a veterinarian or member of the vet led team that proactively drives sustainability in their work in line with Vet Sustain’s Goals, and Champions Vet Sustain’s cause.
Interested in becoming a Champion?
Before you sign up, check that you meet our criteria:
- It is important that you are passionate about the profession, so we want you to be a qualified vet or vet nurse in any role, a member of the vet-led team, a vet student or a trainee member of the vet-led team.
- We really want to get to know you, so there should be no other Vet Sustain Champions in your workplace (the exception being in veterinary teaching institutions, from which we invite one student Champion and one staff Champion to apply per institution);
- Passion and commitment is what drives us, so we want you to share our passion and commitment to tackling sustainability issues in your work, and be willing to and create time to spearhead small projects around your areas of interest in support of Vet Sustain’s ‘Veterinary Sustainability Goals’;
- Your voice is so important, so you should be willing to promote Vet Sustain’s cause, and attend occasional online meetings to keep up-to-date with our work as well as to share ideas, experiences and feedback with the Vet Sustain team and fellow Champions;
- Transparency is key, so you should be willing to share your name, position, and place of work (if relevant, and with management consent) with Vet Sustain for display on our website;
- Sharing ideas makes us all stronger, so you should be willing to join Vet Sustain’s Champion email list for sharing ideas, experiences and solutions with your fellow Champions; and
- Kindness is at the core of what we do, so you must agree to align with Vet Sustain’s values, for polite and professional engagement in your role as Champion.
The benefits of being a Vet Sustain Champion:
Becoming a Vet Sustain Champion will help to further your experience and knowledge of sustainability and managing small projects. Being a Champion offers networking, CPD and personal development opportunities.